Arthur and Sue Doherty purchased Heath House Farm in 1993. It was in a dilapidated state and in need of considerable refurbishment.
Having repaired, re-plumbed, re-wired and re-decorated the farmhouse Arthur turned his energies towards the outbuildings.
Convinced that a tea room would be a valuable asset to the growing nursery business he began the long process of creating the tea room and gift shop.
The tea room building was originally a carriage house with a hay loft above, and the dovecote on the front elevation gives a date of 1873.
Heath House Farm remains very much a family affair.
Mary (who as can be seen below was a small child when the renovations began!) is at the heart of our tea room, and is a familiar face to our customers.